The Super Visa was introduced to allow parents/ grandparents to visit their children/grandchildren who are either Canadian citizens or permanent residents. This visa allows them to stay for up to 2 years per visit. The validity of this visa is normally the same as the validity of the passport.


●  Letter of invitation from your child/grandchild who is either a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada;

●  Child/Grandchild to show financial capability to support you while you are in Canada;

●  Have Canadian private medical insurance coverage;

●  Establish that you are not inadmissible to Canada on medical or criminal grounds.

The processing time for parent sponsorship is 37 months currently. If you want your parents to live with you soon, you may want to apply for a Super visa instead.