Canada wants to attract individuals with business and/or senior managerial experience who can contribute to the development of the Canadian economy. Following are the two business migration programs presently offered by the Federal Government.
This program target immigration entrepreneurs with skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that are innovation, create jobs for Canadians and can compete on a global basis.
This is a very popular program that is being marketed by many immigration companies outside Canada because age, education and funds are not requirements to qualify for this program.
Applicants are required to secure a minimum investment for their Canadian start-up – if the funds come from a designated Canadian venture capital fund, the investment must be at least $200,000. If the funds are from an angel investor group, it should be at least $75,000.
● Prove your business is supported by a designated organization
● Show that your business meets the ownership requirements
● Meet the language requirements of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in either English or French
● Enough money to settle
Although many have applied, the number approved under this category remains low. One of the main reason is because most business plans are produced to the venture capitalist/bank but not to meet immigration requirements. This is because most business plan writers normally write to obtain funds and not to obtain immigration visas.
We have written many business plans for immigration purpose.
The Self Employed program is set up to attract artists and athletes to Canada.
● Relevant experience – taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or been self-employed in cultural activities or athletics.
● Intend and be able to be self-employed in Canada
● Meet a minimum of 35 points on the selection criteria which includes experience, education, age, language abilities and adaptability.
For many foreign nationals who are self-employed in arts/sports/cultural arena, the question is what is the definition of ‘world-class? The definition is not exactly what is meant in the dictionary. We have experience helping many foreign nationals navigate through this. If you are in the field of arts, sports and culture, please contact us.