Each year, the Federal govenrment assigns a portion of the total budgeted immigration numbers to the various provinces so they can self select immigration who can meet the perculiar need of that province. Most of the provinces divide the alloted budget into 2 major categories:
1. Skilled Immigrants | 2. Business Investors
PROVINCIAL EXPRESS ENTRY NOMINATION
Many provinces operate its own Provincial Express Entry.
This is where the Provinces would go into the Express Entry pool to invite candidates to apply for provincial nominations.
These candidates are selected if they meet the economic and political objectives of the province.
For example, if there is a need more IT professionals, the province will pick those whose profession are in IT.
PROVINCIAL NOMINATED SKILLED IMMIGRATION
Many provinces also select other skilled canadidates who are not in the Express Entry system. Many of these candidates meet 1 or more of the following requirements:
● Have graduated from a post secondary school in the province
● Meet minimum language requirement
● Currently working in a province or have a full time permanent job offer
● Have relatives/friends living in the province
Thousands of people have migrated to Canada through provincial nomination. You may be the next person!